Where are we now?

Where are we now?
Where are we now? Tahmoor, NSW. Updated 7th December 2011

Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 36. Streaky Bay to Ceduna

Nothin' much...

We left the beautiful Streaky Bay today. This has been one of the most lovely spots we have stayed at so far. Scarlett spent the morning playing with some kids on the beach across from the van, while we packed up. When I went looking for her, I found her playing with the cutest staffy pup you've ever seen. She was 14 weeks old and was a beautiful blue velvet colour, soooo pretty.

We hit the road, and only having to go an hour to Ceduna we were in no hurry. There didn't seem to be much in between, so with no stops we were there in good time. We called into the information office first to find out what there is to do here.... not much it turns out. This stop however is to get everything ready for crossing the Nullarbor, so that is pretty much all we will be doing. There is however a lady in town we are going to see in the morning who's a wildlife carer. She apparently has three baby wombats in her care at the moment, so I am really looking forward to that.

We called into foodworks and did some shopping for the next few days, it was quite expensive. Not the most expensive yet but pretty close. Food so far has been the most expensive thing on this trip, even more so than fuel.

Unfortunately it was raining when we got to the Ceduna Big 4 caravan park (nothing special) so poor Shane had to do the set up in the rain. I think we have been a little spoilt with caravan parks, this one has no pool, park or beach so Scarlett is not impressed at all. I spent the afternoon doing craft with her - to take her mind off being stuck in the van. Thank god we have the ABC channels on the TV though, the cartoons make a heap of difference for those times she can't go out and play.

Scarlett's beautiful artwork

Shane went into town to see the mechanic's who are doing the Pajero service on Wednesday. We are trying to get it moved to tomorrow now, so we can head out earlier. They're waiting on the oil filter and if it comes in tomorrow morning they will move us to tomorrow afternoon (fingers crossed). Shane also had to go and see the repco service centre to get our second car battery checked out, it was playing up and not keeping the engel fridge cool. Turns out all OK, it might have just run a little flat when the car didn't go anywhere in Port Lincoln for a few days, we will keep an eye on it.

Home made pizza for dinner tonight, Shane and Scarlett's favourite. I am so glad I got the oven put in this van, I have used it quite regularly. I will do some cooking before we head off, Shane has placed an order for a date loaf and zucchini slice.

Sorry post quite boring, but some days are just like that, hopefully I will have so cute pics tomorrow of some baby wombats!

We hung it up in the van

No comments:

Post a Comment