Where are we now?

Where are we now?
Where are we now? Tahmoor, NSW. Updated 7th December 2011

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 28. Port Lincoln

A relaxing day doing nothing

Scarlett finally woke at 9am this morning, and I found this out as she jumped on me in bed to let me know the sun was up.

Again we just veg'd for an hour or so, and watched DVD's in bed, before deciding on toast for breakfast.

The thing to do today was wash the Pajero! It has been weeks since it was last cleaned - and it is beginning to show! Scarlett and I found a car wash place and proceeded to scrub the bugs and grime off the vehicle from top to bottom. By the time we left we had succeeded in removing 90% of the splattered bugs, but I think I'll have fun getting rid of the last 10%. Maybe that's a job for tomorrow?

After the great help I got from Scarlett, it was off to McDonald's for lunch as a reward! We spent about an hour playing in the kids playground before heading back to the van so Scarlett could practice riding her bike again. She still has her training wheels on, but I've bent them up to about 45 degrees so that she has to start balancing more. It helps that she's found another little boy who has just been weened off his training wheels, so she's been riding around with him a fair bit.

We then proceeded back down to the marina to the indoor pool! Here we discovered that they had the slide, Tarzan rope and inflatable obstacle course up and running, so Scarlett had an absolute ball. After a couple of hours, we were forced to leave as it was closing time. No problem. On the way out, we grabbed a couple of ice blocks and walked around the marina for a little while.

When we returned to the van this time, we were invited up to our South African friends van as it was their mums birthday and they wanted to share the cake with Scarlett and me. Yummy!

After cake, it turned into a few drinks, and then dinner - as they had caught a very large amount of fish the day previous up at Baird Bay. Mmmm! We talked and we chatted while the kids played and before we knew it, it was time for bed.

So I've just tucked Scarlett into bed and have started writing this blog.

Bec should return from her trip of a lifetime in a few hours, so I might see her tonight if they don't get in to late - but if it is late, we'll pick her up in the morning as she has the option of sleeping on board tonight.

Just as a teaser, here is the website for Rodney Fox - the guy that Bec went swimming with Great White Sharks with!


1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear how the dive went! The Facebook shot looked awesome...